Vision and Mission
The Nineteenth Century Club was established in 1891 by a group of visionary women who believed that education,
charitable activities, and civic involvement were vital elements in a thriving community. The spirit of the founders
continues today in the work of the Nineteenth Century Charitable Association through benevolence grants,
scholarships, and public programming in five areas: music, art, literature, science, and social sciences.
Vision: To be a dynamic cultural center for community learning
Mission: Strengthening our community through learning, giving, and sharing our landmark building
The Nineteenth Century Charitable Association (NCCA) is the sole owner of the building at 178 Forest Avenue
in Oak Park, known under the historic name of The Nineteenth Century Club. The primary purpose for the building
is to support and enable our charitable and educational endeavors. The charitable and cultural activities are
supported by our members (over 200), volunteers, donors, and by the events held in this facility. Programs are
open to the public and publicly advertised, however, we are not supported through public tax dollars. The NCCA is
an Illinois not-for-profit with a federal tax code as a 501(c)(3) charitable organization.