Welcome to our Landmark Building

The Nineteenth Century Charitable Association's beautiful Oak Park Landmark building at 178 Forest Avenue has served our communities since its construction in 1928. It was designed by architect James L. Fyfe and a recent Village of Oak Park document notes it is also designated as a "Contributing Resource within the Frank Lloyd Wright-Prairie School of Architecture Historic District."

The building is both historically significant and a resource to the community. Many local not-for-profit organizations use the building on a free or affordable space sharing basis for meetings and events, reducing their expenses. This was evident during 2014, when 325 events were held in the Landmark building. Approximately 75% were not-for-profit events, while only 25% were private rentals. It is estimated 30,000 people attended meetings and events in 2014 for an average attendance of about 2,500 persons per month. After expenses, surplus revenue from rentals supports the activities of our Charitable Association.

The Board, with the approval of the membership, formed a new Illinois charitable corporation known as The Nineteenth Century Charitable Association in 2010. The NCCA was formed as the umbrella for all charitable activities of The Nineteenth Century Club. NCCA has assumed all responsibilities for the much needed charitable activities formerly provided by the Club.

Learn about renting our building for your next event